The provision of public services is often connected with the need to provide public funding. In this context, communal and governmental bodies increasingly need to comply with EU state aid rules. Failure to observe the rules can entail considerable risks.We have vast experience in advising public companies and their owners on state aid.
Our expertise particularly comprises:
- Reviewing existing financing structures for their compliance with state aid legislation and drafting concepts for workable solution
- Drafting rules that comply with state aid legislation
- Designing concepts and drafting entrustment acts for services of general economic interest
- Preparing and assisting with notifications to the EU Commission
- Supporting aid recipients in the aid examination procedures before the EU Commission
BBG und Partner is a member of the discussion group Berliner Gesprächskreis on European state aid.